Kansas City, Mo.
In-person corporate meetings: 193
# with a hybrid component: 2
Stand-alone virtual events: 8
Incentive travel programs: 34
Room-nights booked for meetings and incentives: 334,788
• In March 2022, Bishop-McCann completed the acquisition of Kansas City-based ONYX, a meetings and events company specializing in corporate events.
• Justin Myers has been promoted to the role of vice president, client development & marketing, from his previous role as the head of the Commercial & Hospitality Client Group. As a result, Myers has joined the Bishop-McCann leadership team.
Bishop-McCann recently announced new leadership roles within the operations team as well. Andrew Schneider was named head of Commercial & Hospitality while Gail Hughes assumed the role of head of On-Site Operations.
• Bishop-McCann was recently named Cvent’s 2023 Pivotal Partner of the Year at the Cvent Excellence Awards.
• Bishop-McCann was ranked number one on the 2023 LGBTQ-Owned Businesses list by the Kansas City Business Journal.
• Bishop-McCann secured a 14 new clients over the past year, including IHOP, El Pollo Loco,
Rob Adams, President and Co-Owner
Amber Heintz, CMP-HC, HMCC, Vice President, Program Operations
Dan Nilsen, Founder & Co-Owner
Full-time employees in North America dedicated to meetings and incentives: 104
Meetings and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.: 5%
Revenue from planning and executing meetings and incentives: 91%
Revenue from planning virtual meetings: 2%
The biggest change we’re experiencing in meeting and event planning is …
“a renewed emphasis on lasting partnerships. In the wake of recent disruptions, a lot of introspection is taking place. Companies are looking for team continuity and partners who truly are experts. For Bishop-McCann, this validates the idea that efforts to attract and retain top talent is critical to both our success and our clients’ success.”
—Rob Adams, President & Co-Owner