Maritz Global Events
St. Louis, Mo.
In-person corporate meetings: 2,070
# with a hybrid component: 29
Stand-alone virtual events: 292
Incentive travel programs: 114
Room-nights booked for meetings and incentives: 555,197
• In November 2021, Maritz announced a strategic alliance https://www.meetingsnet.com/corporate-meetings-events/maritz-global-events-and-drpg-announce-alliance with creative communications group, DRPG, to create More Than Experience.
• Last fall, the company launched the Maritz Global Events Wellbeing Network, a group of wellbeing providers who offer related products and services. One member, BPA iCompli Sustainability, has worked with Maritz to design a process that measures the carbon footprint of an event.
• January 1, David Peckinpaugh stepped into the role of president and CEO of Maritz Holdings (in addition to his role as president of Maritz Global Events). Steve Maritz is now executive chairman, following nearly 25 years of leading the company as CEO and chairman.
• In 2021, Maritz Global Events became a signatory of Net Zero Carbon Events https://netzerocarbonevents.org/, a joint commitment across the events and meetings industry to achieve the targets laid out in the Paris Climate Accord. Additionally, Maritz has committed to the UNFCC’s Race-to-Zero Campaign.
• In 2021, the company promoted Marilyn Stowers to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion consultant. It has moved to target a more diverse talent pool and engaged the entire organization for feedback and direction on its DE&I efforts.
• Maritz Global Events and its client H&R Block earned the SITE Crystal Award for Most Creative Solution Deployed at a Time of Crisis.
• When Maritz Global Events took home a 2022 Toyota Supplier Award for Quality (an awards program started four years ago) it became the only travel partner to win the award all four years.
David Peckinpaugh, President, Maritz Global Events
Steve O’Malley, Enterprise Vice President and COO, Maritz Global Events
Greg Bogue, Enterprise Vice President, Brand, Experience, and Innovation Ecosystems
Full-time employees in North America (May 2022): 1,086
Meetings and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.: 6%
Revenue from planning meetings and incentives: NA
Revenue from planning virtual meetings: NA
The biggest challenge to producing meetings and incentives over the next year is likely to be…
“Staffing continues to be a challenge for our industry. However, one-third of hotels and event planners surveyed are optimistic for staffing recovery in 2022, and the remaining two-thirds believe it will happen by 2023. As we’ve learned with past challenges, we are a resilient industry and we’ll overcome these hurdles.”
—David Peckinpaugh, President & CEO, Maritz Holdings