American Express Meetings & Events
Jersey City, N.J.
Corporate meetings in 2018: 70,330
Incentive travel programs in 2018: 2,672
Top customer markets: pharmaceutical, healthcare/medical, computers/electronics
• American Express Meetings & Events is a division of American Express Global Business Travel. After acquiring Banks Sadler in 2017, AEGBT finalized the purchase of Hogg Robinson Group in July 2018.
• In November 2018, AEM&E launched The Meeting Marketplace, centralizing its proprietary and third-party technology offerings for clients. Data from the various technology tools flows into a single platform, which simplifies reporting.
• AEM&E launched Meetings Express, a new tool for sourcing small, simple meetings, in January 2019. While the platform has one global interface, it is supported by regionally based third-party technology companies. (Groupize in North America, MeetingsBooker.com in the United Kingdom and Nordic countries, BizMeeting in France, meetago in Germany, and iVvy in Australia). Meeting Express connects with AEM&E’s centralized data platform, Meetings Insights.
• AEM&E renewed its partnership with meeting app provider DoubleDutch in February, with two new twists: Attendees’ travel information can now be integrated in the app, providing a more seamless experience, and the app’s engagement data is now integrated with the Meetings Insights data platform.
• Other new partnerships for 2019 include Splash, a marketing automation platform, and Attendify, an app provider focused on customers with simple meeting.
Gerardo Tejado, General Manager, Global Meetings & Events
Doug Anderson, CEO, American Express Global Business Travel
Room nights booked for meetings and incentives in 2018: 5,005,837
Full-time employees: 2,100
Meeting and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.: 71%
Revenue from planning and executing meetings and incentives: undisclosed