Today's guest post is by Sarah Hill, a professional blogger and creative content writer who works as a marketing manager for Group Se7en Events,
It takes a certain type of person to plan a successful conference, meeting, or event. Do you have these six traits of successful meeting planners?
1. Attention to detail. For an event to appear smooth and seamless, every little thing counts, and professional planners tend to keep checklists to ensure that nothing is overlooked.
2. Ability to listen and understand the client’s goals. Without a thorough grasp of what the meeting is supposed to accomplish, it’s impossible to focus all those moving parts toward achieving those goals.
3. Ability to create a vision. Professional planners are able to envision, in detail, how the meeting, conference, or event will come together as a whole—and communicate that vision to the client.
3. Passion about what you do.
4. Flexibility. Planners have to be able to accommodate to the client’s needs—especially when there is busy schedules involved,
5. Constant preparedness. Being able and willing to plan for every conceivable contingency is vital. Your clients need to know that they can trust you, that they can put their faith in your ability to always be one step ahead when challenges arise.
6. Ability to stay cool, calm, and collected when the pressure starts building. Meeting organisers have to be able to juggle a lot of different tasks, manage emergencies, and keep things running smoothly—all while keeping a smile on their faces. If something is going wrong, it’s up to the planner to put it right—and quickly—without anyone noticing.
Sarah Hill is a professional blogger and creative content writer. She works as a marketing manager for Group Se7en Events, a leading event management and corporate conference planning agency in London that delivers global meetings and a free venue-finding service.