Omni Hotels & Resorts just married the hot craft cocktail trend with the overheated presidential campaign season in a promotion launching today: Polling For Cocktails.
The brand has created election-themed cocktails that will be served at Omni properties nationwide. Guests visiting one of the participating hotels can “cast their ballots” by ordering a cocktail off the special menu. Drink orders will be tallied and the overall consumption rates will be tracked and posted online every Wednesday. Once the electoral results have been announced, Omni will be able to determine if the promotion’s “popular vote” was truly a predictor of the next president. Here are the seven handcrafted cocktails inspired by the political parties.
• The Right Manhattan, a refreshing mix of Maker’s 46, apricot preserves and lemon juice, muddled with mint and topped with club soda
• The Trump-tini, with Tito’s Handmade Vodka, lemon and cranberry juices, Domaine Chandon, and a sugared rim
• The Ruby Red Pence, with Deep Eddy Ruby Red grapefruit vodka, cranberry juice, and St. Germain Elderflower liqueur
• The True Blue Mule, with Tito’s Handmade Vodka, ginger beer, and Blueberry Reàl Infused Syrup
• The Hilla-rita, with Tres Generaciones Reposado Tequila, orange juice, agave, and DeKuyper Amaretto, and a sugar and salt rim
• The Sugar Kaine Smash, with Maker’s 46, fresh mint leaves, simple syrup, and finished with club soda and a cherry
• The POTUS Punch, with Tito’s Handmade Vodka, grenadine, fresh orange and lemon juices, and muddled blackberries
Nondrinker? Share your vote on social media using #DrinkTheVote, and keep up with the tallies at Omni's Drink the Vote website.