According to this site, these statements were taken from actual hospital charts--call a CME provider (and a proofreader), stat!
1. Patient's medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.
2. On the second day the knee was better and on the third day it disappeared.
3. The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.
4. Discharge status: Alive, but without my permission.
5. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
6. She is numb from her toes down.
7. While in ER, she was examined, x-rated and sent home.
8. Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.
9. Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.
10. Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.
Sorry for the digression from serious challenges in the industry, but I thought it was pretty funny...
To comment on this post, click on "comments" below. To receive a weekly update, e-mail Sue.