Venture Out! How to Get Support for Global Meetings
Date: Thursday, June 23 2016, 2:00pm ET / 11:00am PT
|This session has been submitted for review and will align with CMP-IS Domain A: Strategic Planning pending approval. Attendees must attend LIVE to automatically earn 1 clock hour toward your CMP certification or re-certification. OnDemand viewers must self-report.
Is your organization considering holding an event outside the U.S. for the first time? Or have you held many international programs but now want to venture farther afield, to an emerging destination?
Our webinar will help you evaluate the benefits and challenges of exploring new international destinations for your meetings, as well as offer advice for planning those meetings.
In this webinar, you'll learn:
- The best reasons for taking a meeting outside the U.S.
- How to build stakeholder support for your first global meeting or for venturing beyond your previous international experiences
- How to respond to the most common destination objections (cost, safety and security, language, attendance, and more)
- The best resources to help you understand your meeting destination and find local partners
- Two experts’ biggest lessons learned from their careers in global meetings
Sue Pelletier - Editor, MeetingsNet
Agnès Canonica, CMP, CMM, HMCC, Global Director, Strategic Meeting Management, AHM, New Providence, NJ
Carol McGury, Executive Vice President, Event and Education Services,