Audience polling is become more common at meetings as organizers try to boost engagement of attendees and add interest at general sessions, training classes, and other situations where interaction is necessary.
TurningPoint polling software by Turning Technologies is the company’s flagship product, and its latest version was released July 1. The new version offers integration with PowerPoint on both PCs and Macs and an easier-to-use dashboard interface, giving users instant management of polling, participants, content, sessions, and reports. Available in install and no-install versions for both PC and Mac, TurningPoint can be used with keypads rented or purchased from Turning Technologies or via any Internet-enabled device.
Among the ways planners might use polling:
• Confirm retention of materials during training
• Gauge what the audience has learned with pre- and post-meeting testing
• Create interactive orientation programs to encourage employee engagement
• Provide a snapshot of participants by polling for demographic data
• Vote (and eliminate paper ballots)
• Gather opinions anonymously (and choose to display or hide results)
• Create teambuilding activities with individual or team-based competitions and games
• Involve off-site attendees with Web or remote polling
Turning Technologies was founded in 2002. Today, an estimated seven million ResponseCard keypads have been delivered to K-12 schools, universities, and businesses worldwide.