For the thousands of meetings industry professionals converging this week in Las Vegas for IMEX America at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, they’ll find more than 100 networking and educational events and exhibitors from 148 countries. It can be an overwhelming event, but here are 10 tips and recommendations for getting the most out of one of the biggest events in our industry.
2. Visit booth #3261, the IMEX America App Bar, to try out the latest apps for the meetings industry or to take in one of its many 30-minute educational sessions throughout the three-day show.
3. Don’t miss the Sustainability Hub, sponsored by the Green Meeting Industry Council. GMIC is holding a reception there on Wednesday from 4:30 p.m.–6:00 p.m. Also on Wednesday, MeetingsNet/corporate&incentives Editor Barbara Scofidio and ECPAT USA Private Sector Project Coordinator Michelle Guelbart will be speaking from 12:45 p.m.–1:15 p.m. on human trafficking, what to look for, and how to make a difference.
4. Monday night is MeetingsNet’s invitation-only CMI 25 reception, being held at the Ghost Bar of the Palms Casino Resort. We celebrate with leaders of the CMI 25, the largest and most influential meeting and incentive companies focused on the corporate market. Stop by MeetingsNet’s booth (#2430) to pick up a copy of our September issue, which features profiles of each company, or check it out online.
5. While you’re at the Meetingsnet booth, preview its new interactive magazine app for tablets. Our team will be giving demos of this innovative product—the next step in magazine publishing—throughout the show.
6. This year’s IMEX exhibition has 80 new booths from destinations around the globe (a 17 percent increase over 2012), including Hyderabad, India, and Jordan. And in addition to a host of new technology exhibitors, the Tech Hub will offer education sessions right on the show floor.
7. In addition to hosting the sold-out SITE NITE North America event at the Palms Casino Resort on Monday evening, Site will be hosting a member reception on Tuesday from 3 p.m.–4 p.m. at booth #2564.
8. Wednesday evening is the MPI Foundation’s Rendezvous event, starting at 10:30 at PURE, at Caesars Palace. The featured performer is singer-songwriter Suzie McNeil.
9. IMEXLive, a “window into the show” sponsored by BOB.tv, features a range of online content from various pre-selected IMEX and public social media channels, including monitored Twitter feeds and YouTube videos, video interviews with speakers and industry leaders, and IMEX America’s daily news headlines (produced by CNTV). There’s even a webcam on the show floor.
10. Follow IMEX on Twitter—#IMEX13—and keep the dialog going.