Another missive from the Alliance for CME. Please help if you can:
- Two free call-in lectures titled "After Katrina: Coping with Trauma" on 9/13 & 9/15 at 10:30 am Central. In response to Hurricane Katrina, addiction professionals and other healthcare providers have taken on the monumental task of helping survivors cope with acute stress and trauma while managing these same feelings themselves.
The Addiction Technology Transfer Center Network is proud of the work being done in this area in the Gulf Coast states. In order to support these efforts, we have scheduled two lecture-based calls that will cover what caregivers working with people impacted by Hurricane Katrina can do to help relieve traumatic stress.
The calls will be led by an expert in traumatic stress, Dr. Mark Lerner, the president of the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!
We MUST get the word out about these calls AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Please distribute the flyer to addiction professionals, healthcare providers and other relief workers in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida. Flyers can be accessed on the Alliance's web site at Trauma and Counseling.
We strongly encourage you to:
* Print the flyers and mail to appropriate individuals
* Email the information to appropriate individuals in your address book
* Post the information on specific electronic discussion lists
* Advertise the calls on your web sites
PLEASE NOTE: We only have space for 400 participants. Please only dial into the call if you are located in the areas affected by Katrina.
Special thanks to our technology partner, The Conference Depot (1-888-273-1331), for helping to make these calls possible.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact either: Laurie Krom ([email protected]) or
Mary Beth Johnson ([email protected]) at the ATTC National Office (816-482-1200).
Here's a link on Alliance's web site that has Disaster Handouts and Manuals.