From the CIC disaster site:
- Association of Destination Management Executives (ADME)
* Destination Management Company executives are finding temporary employment with other ADME members.
* ADME members are cooperating with DMCâ€™s impacted by Katrina and offering to provide service at cost for meetings/events that are relocated to their city â€“ profit will be sent to the originating DMC to help them to rebuild/stay afloat through this.
* Some ADME members are volunteering a spare room in their house for a single parent and child (so the child can be enrolled in school as soon as possible).
* These above efforts will be coordinated through the ADME office at email@example.com
* As the need becomes clearer, ADME members stand ready to contribute what is needed â€“ money, supplies, etc.
I couldn't find anything about this on the ADME site—hopefully they'll update it soon.